7.29.2008

Not quite good news yet...

Well, we had the second ultrasound yesterday. There is a gestational sac, but it is empty. We are now in blighted ovum territory. I can't be sure, but this ultrasound tech made me think that there was a gestational sac on the last ultrasound, but I was told there wasn't. Who knows really - either the tech or my doctor misspoke. One way or another, no one knows what is really going on.

The ultrasound tech was really nice, and though she wasn't supposed to say anything, she told me that it was *still* an empty sac (which is why my head spun around...), and that they were probably going to have me do another round of betas, and another ultrasound next week. In other words, there is nothing new, and nothing reassuring. There is still just a holding pattern. I learned my lesson about taking probabilities to heart last time, thinking I had miscarried. This time around, I'm just going to wait it out. One more week won't kill me.

Well, the baby shower went fantastically. Everything was beautiful, my sister loved it, and everything turned out really well. I almost knocked out her sister-in-law, who rolled in thinking that she was going to take it over and decide what Kim should do - when she couldn't even be bothered to RSVP!!! - and was physically PUSHING my 7 month pregnant sister to open presents as soon as she got there. I had to lay down the law - presents get opened with cake. We are NOT going to have people coming in, fighting to climb over people to get to the food table while people are trying to see her open presents... NO! I had to tell her 4 times as she pushed my sister to go open them. Finally after Kim had already agreed with me and started to walk out, I all but screamed NO at her, and she pushed my sister again and said, "Kim, just go open your presents." I SLAMMED my planner book down on the stove, looked at her, and stormed into the backyard. I was going to blow up on her. Apparently I got my point across, because she shut up after that. The girl walked in barking orders, taking stuff out of my hands, and then that?! Hell no. I am the one throwing this party. You couldn't even be bothered to RSVP, let alone offer to help before hand, so DO NOT think you are controlling this.

Bitch.

Anyways, the wedding was beautiful too. The ceremony had to be moved inside, because the craziest storms of the summer arrived!! We SAW someone get struck by lightning right on the beach. Our hotel was directly across the street from the beach. Chris and I were watching the people scurry off the beach when it started to rain, and not even 2 minutes after the rain started, the LOUDEST thunder and this huge bright lightning hit. Chris' ears were ringing, and I, being such the girl I am, took off running out of the hotel doorway into the back bedroom! Not even 2 minutes later, the beach patrol trucks came flying up, and someone was jumping up and down. They weren't playing around, they threw the person on a backboard and ran off. They maybe were there for 30 seconds, and they were gone! Apparently 2 people were struck by lightning on the block our hotel was on, a girl taking down an umbrella, and a lifeguard trying to get people off the beach. Apparently a man was killed by lightning a few towns over in the same storm.

Crazy times, so good, but always a piece of drama has to go on somewhere! LOL. Well, at least it was eventful.

0 comments: