7.30.2008

Houdini Baby has been FOUND!

I got the official report from my doctor today.

They found Houdini!

While it is great news, in true Megan fashion, there has to be a little piece of drama that goes along with it. I can't catch a break! LOL.

I have a bicornuate uterus. It's a birth defect (of mine, not my baby's) where my uterus is split down the middle. I was also born with a congenital hip defect, where my ball socket that holds my hip in wasn't formed, so perhaps I shouldn't be too shocked. It's heart shaped. The baby is on the right side of my uterus, and it will only have half the room of a normal uterus to grow in. There a a few different degrees of it, and I'm not sure of how bad mine is, but there are a whole host of risks that come along with it. Early miscarriage, second tri miscarriage, pre-term labor, needing a cerclage, fetal growth retardation, and it's about a 90% chance I'll need a c-section. Well, it's not the ideal situation, but what ever it takes to keep Houdini safe, I'll do it. For now though, he/she is safe, present, and accounted for. It's also pretty much a guarantee I'll be on bed rest at some point, since I already have spotting, it's a pretty good sign that that is in my future. If that's the worst that comes, I'll be grateful.

I'm so lucky to even be pregnant. A BCU is not the end of the world. It will make things more difficult, but the end result is so worth it, so I cannot complain. There are some great women I know that are dealing with IF and would trade spots with me on this roller coaster in an instant. Yet another great thing about the Nest. It's given me an appreciation of other's struggles, and when I think the world is closing in, it provides prospective on the situation. When we thought I was miscarrying, while it was horrible and does not in anyway make it less, there was at least the fact that I could get pregnant. The outcry of support from my girls was incredible. And the outcries of joy when I found out Houdini was still there, and when we just found him/her, was amazing. While I don't them most of them IRL, I consider some of them my best friends. They're always there when I need them, and just because I don't hear their voice, it does not discredit their words in any way. I know that sounds weird, and quite frankly, I never expected a message board to be this much a part of me, but it is. And people hate on BOTB? Not when you get what I've gotten from them.




Right now, my heart goes out to Bada. I'm so sorry hun. No one should have to endure what you are going through. My heart and thoughts are with you girl.



.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey megan, I read your blog post today and I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I ran across this blog the other day, from a woman who is unicornate. I'm not going to lie, her pregnancy has been scary. BUT... her blog is full of useful information, so I hope that you're able to calmly read it and be directed to some good information, and perhaps a good support network. All the best!

http://sarabaumancrna.blogspot.com/

I am known on the intrawebs simply as somalia said...

I am so glad Houdini has revealed his/herself at last! Great news!

I am so sorry to hear about your BCU. ((hugs))

It sounds like your Dr is on top of things and will be keeping a close eye on you - which is good thing.

I am wishing, hoping, and praying for only the best.

LittleCyndiLou said...

Oh Megan I am so glad that Houdini has decided to appear. Keep your head up, and I will keep praying for you and houdini to grow strong and healthy!

GhostMonkey- That Funky Monkey said...

Yay for finding Houdini!