3.03.2009

17w5d pic and update


New belly pic is up!

I had an appointment yesterday - and surprise! My first internal. My midwife Cheri was not amused that I was having contractions, and since some of them are painful, aka not Braxton Hicks, she had to make sure they weren't affecting my cervix. Let me just tell you - an internal where they reach ALL the way up and then AROUND and up further?!

OMGWTF!!!!!!! OUCH!!

Anyway, my cervix is still long, the contractions aren't having an effect, so I can just ignore them. I should sit through the painful real ones, but as long as they aren't happening often or regularly, I can ignore them.

I did finally gain a pound! Yay! Apparently though, I should be gaining more, so when I want that cheeseburger and fries (aka RIGHT NOW), I should feel free to have it. Awesome :D

The oranges cravings are in full force. I eat oranges until I am stuffed (one night I had 6!) and drink at least a half a gallon of orange juice a day. Fruit in general, really - yesterday's lunch consisted of running to the grocery store after the doc - since my oranges have to come from Stauffers! - and grabbing a half pound of pre-washed, cut strawberries, a pint of orange juice, and a handful of supersized wheat thins! Today, after talking to Callie, obsessing over fruit, I want strawberries and pineapples. Looks like a trip to the grocery store is in order!

I will have to have a specialized ultrasound later on (they think it will be too early to see it at the 20wk) to check spawn's hip - I was born with a congenital hip defect where my hip socket didn't close around the ball joint of my leg. There is about a 50/50 shot that it will be passed on to my child - I hope not. I was in a full body brace for a few months, and I was apparently the bad kid that could break out of the full body brace at 9 months old. my mom had to put 2 sets of 24 month clothes over top of the brace to keep me in it.

I have a feeling spawn is going to take after Momma - going to be a handful! :D

Finally - the big ultrasound has been set! Spawn will be revealed on March 16, 2009 at Noon!

2 comments:

Danse said...

You look great! Here's to hoping that they baby doesn't have the hip issue.

Jess said...

So can't wait to find out what you're having! If you do sign up for those Carter's coupons, it's going to be trouble once you know what gender to buy for! :)