2.23.2009

Operation: Stop Braxton Hicks is in full swing

16w4d - first evening of Braxton Hicks. Mistaken for movement.
16w5d - still thinking it's movement... right? No.

In the beginning, the felt kinda cool actually. Like a little wave of pressure, a tightening for anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes at a time. They aren't painful 9.5 times out of 10 - every once in a while there is one that stops me in my tracks - they are just very strange.

So in less than 24 hours, I have just downed a half gallon of Turkey Hill orange juice. And damn, let me tell you - it was GOOD. As a matter of fact, right now, at 11:18 pm, my wonderful husband is at the corner turkey Hill getting me another half gallon and butterscotch krimpets.

And for those of you NON-northeast people, you do NOT know what you are missing in your lack of Turkey Hill and Tastykakes.

And with that, he is home with my goodies! Yay!

3 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

Does OJ make contractions stop? We have to have our TastyLales imported here and they are super expensive. I am used to paying $3 for one little pack, as in two cakes! the entire box must be sold for a small fortune.

Megan said...

Apparently a big cause of B/h is dehydration, so I'm rehydrating. :D

$3 for a little pack?! OMG! I pay $3.99 for a whole box of butterscotch krimpets!! I take pity on you - I'll smuggle you some!

Susan F said...

Oh, I miss Wawa and tastycake. We moved to NC from Delaware and that has been hard. No turkey hill iced tea for DH or lemonade for me.