11.30.2008

Had to say goodbye to an old friend.


My little Lucy, also known as Piggy, or the Wuce wuce, ^the little white one, is gone. We took her to the Humane Society today and had her put down. She had a ton of issues, congestive heart failure, fluid in the lungs, narrowing of the trachea, almost completely deaf and blind... but the cancer of the mammary chain was what did her in.

She started the day off right... With 2 cans of food (the good stuff - porterhouse steak) instead of a half, half a beer, more treats than she's ever had in her life, and constant loving because I couldn't put her down.

When we took her to the Humane Society - as I bawled like a baby - she promptly entered and peed on the floor. That's my girl! She hung around with us for a while, then they took her back. We brought her home afterwards, and buried her in the backyard, curled up in a little ball how she always slept, and tucked her bowl in with her.

You were the best little dog Lucy. I still love you to pieces, and you can't imagine how much I am going to miss you. Hopefully by now you are up in doggy heaven, shaking the shit out of a squirrel that you just caught. I miss you baby dog.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

I am sooo sorry for your loss--this poem really helped me when we lost our Jake a few years ago.

biomaj5 said...

I'm sooo sorry! Its terrible to have to say goodbye to a much loved pet. My pug Tabby died last Oct. of mammary cancer. I'd had her for 12 years (since I was in 6th grade). She was my best friend, and I guess I thought she was going to be around forever. I still miss her, and keep a pic at my desk at work. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Cate said...

I'm so sorry Meg.

**big hugs**

Danse said...

I'm so sorry.
::hugs::

Mrs. Case said...

When a pet des it is like losing a member of the family. So sorry!